As with baking my gingerbread every Christmas i also bake these mince parcels, they go down an absolute treat with family members. Most if not all households will have mince pies in the cupboards this time of year, why not try your hand at this simple, quick and easy variation.
- Shortcrust pastry mix
- 1 egg white to wash all over
- Follow the instructions on the pastry packet then pop in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and cut in half. Roll out each section so they are the same size.
- Place small heaps of mincemeat over one half of the two dough pieces.
- Using your egg white brush around the mincemeat, this will help the top dough layer to stick.
- Place the remaining dough on top and press around the shape of the mincemeat. Using cookie cutters, cut out little parcels.
- Using your fingers press down around the edges to ensure pastry is stuck together. Place on baking tray and using a knife score little lines around the rim and cut a cross or two small lines on the top to let the steam escape.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool then serve. You can also add a sprinkle of icing sugar on top if you wish.
What is your go to Christmas baking recipe?